Monday, August 15, 2011

You leave me by myself for a while and this is what I think about...


So I was just having a think about Halloween, and realised that I don't even know why it happens! It's such a random holiday to 'celebrate', or does it make total sense and I just don't know why? Is it one of those 'bad' holidays where it started like Guy Fawkes blowing someone up or something? Or have I got that wrong too?

I can count the number of times I've been out trick or treating on one hand (ok, maybe like 6 or 7 times!)! And that's including the times Mum would take me and my younger sister to our Granny and Grandad's house in Petone, where we'd be dressed up, we'd knock on their door and 'surprise' them, then we'd go to the neighbours to the right of them and then to the dairy because they were the 'safest' places to go! (and Granny new the dairy owners really well! Me and Mum even bumped into the lady a few weeks before I came to London and she remembered us! And this was from when I was about 6!) And that was the extent of our trick or treating! 

I was always to jealous of the kids from my class who go to go trick or treating EACH year and when their parents didn't go with them - woah, hold the phone! They were sooo cool! 

But now looking back, I didn't miss out on anything. Maybe a few fillings from all the sweets?!

What were your trick or treating experiences like? Were you allowed out? 

Halloween 2009. I was a moose!

No comments:

Post a Comment