Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Kids say the darndest things


Whilst dancing to 'Thriller'...

"Nikki, Michael Jackson is Muslim ay?"

Sorry lovey, but he's not and he's actually dead.
*edit - apparently he actually is, I'm not sure how legit it is though.. proof*

After deciding to go and play out in the puddles...

Me - "Lets go and get the gum boots and jump in the puddles!"

Child 1 - "What are gum boots?"

Child 2 - "Yeah, what are they?"

Child 1 - "Oh I know, it's when you eat lots of chewing gum and stick it to a pair of boots!"

Ah bless, the thought process of young minds.


We'd been singing our days of the week song for a few months, when I stopped singing to listen to the kids and this is what I heard...

It should be - "There are 7 days, there are 7 days, there are 7 days in the week..."

When in fact I heard - "Zero 7 days, zero 7 days, zero 7 days in the week..."

I can only blame my Kiwi accent and the pronunciation of 'are' (ahhh or arrrr)


Finally, when we were learning about New Zealand, the New Zealand flag was spotted in an Atlas...

Child - "Nikki, look! It's Museum's flag! Look I found it!"

Museum = New Zealand??? 

After promptly attempting some decoding, I came to the realisation that there was a slight misunderstanding. 


Oh the joys of working in an environment where the kids aren't the only foreign ones!


1 comment: