Monday, October 21, 2013

Gratefully Loving on Special Friends

I could write a post about how I've lost the will to blog, or I could write a post that I've been mustering up in my head for a wee while now.

I think I'll go with the latter.

I have this really special friend. We became friends kinda by accident. I was her oldest child's teacher at day care and me and him became buds. Pretty good buds. We had 'Nikki cuddles' and would read stories all the time together and play loads of chasing games. 

Then I decided to move to London. 

In the few months between announcing my departure and actually leaving, I became quite close to his mum. And what a life changer it has been. It was almost a bit sad that I left at the beginning of something awesome, but the distance hasn't gotten in our way. Maybe only a little bit, seen as how we're both on the other sides of the world from each other, but never fear - Skype, Facebook and WhatsApp are here! 

This pretty choice chick, who also goes by the name of Meg, Meghan or my BFF4L, has got one of the hugest hearts that exist. That's a pretty big call to make, but it's 100% absolutely true. 

She introduced me to blogging, which coincided nicely with last minute bonding time before I left Wellington and started travelling, and after just over two and a half years, she's still my top 'blog-adviser'! 

She welcomed me into her family with the widest, most openest arms ever, and I'm pretty confident in saying that I won't be going anywhere, anytime soon! Sorry lovey, you're stuck with me now! 

You see, Meg is just really pretty choice. She's got a pretty choice husband and two super lush boys, who I all love to bits! 



It was one of my favourite parts of being back in New Zealand a few months ago, knowing that I was going to be seeing Meg and the boys, having chats about whatever rolled off our tongues, having quality chill-out-catch-up time. Basically whatever we did, it was fun. 

It was all the same again when Meg, Mark, Noah and Mylo all came and had a sleepover at my flat in London last week! I met them at the Natural History museum where Noah proudly showed me around the dinosaur exhibition - this kid can teach you a thing or two about dinosaurs! We had some of the best curry I've had in London for dinner that night, then me and Meg hopped into our matching pjs! I love being matching. 


After work the next day I met them all for dinner at my local 'spoonies' then we ventured back on the bus back to my house. I could tell (mainly because Noah had said he wanted to sit right up the front) that the boys really wanted to be, right.at.the.front. It's such a fun experience and a must do, so Noah and Mylo, your wish was my command! 

A few minutes later and after asking some man to move over, who got all nervous at the thought of us sitting next to him who ended up moving anyway, we sat merrily at the front, chatting about the things we could see and how close the bus would get to the cars! 


We enjoyed some delicious wine, after carefully talking Mark through how to spot good and cheaper wine at Sainsburys, had a little laugh at the new name I gave it, it's amazing what adding an extra O can do!, and continued to hang out like civilised adults... 



I miss these guys so much. It was a sad morning saying goodbye to them, knowing that when I next see them is unknown in the foreseeable future. 

But hey ho, that's what memories are for. They're the best.





3 comments:

  1. You two are hilarious in your matchies. What a gorgeous post Nikki. A very special friendship indeed! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was the best couple of days ever - we sure LOVED hanging out with you. You are very special to us and we pretty stoked that we'll be stuck with you for life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to live in Maipu, Chile! My friends got a lot of giggles from that too. Chilean wine is amazing, although if you ever see a Pindarie wine from the Barossa Valley in Australia be sure to try it as well.

    ReplyDelete