Tuesday, November 5, 2013

A little bit of gratefulness, a little bit of loving, a little bit of life.

On my way home from work this evening, I started making a mental to-do list. I erased it and started again loads of times, mainly because I couldn't remember what was on each list. I just couldn't bear to put my hand into my bag and get my phone, cos then the list would be for real. 

I still can't remember most of what I had planned out to do and all those 'important' things but here's what's in my head now...

- I really need to put my photos from Budapest onto my laptop for a few reasons. 1) So I can look at them. 2) So I can email Cara the ones of her. 3) So I can blog about it all - I've got a few lined up for ya! 4) So I can keep remembering a pretty choice holiday I had. In the mean time, you can pop over to Cara's blog, Britventures, and check out what she had to write about it all! 

On the walking tour we did. All the Hungarian history got a little bit too much!

- I joined the gym yesterday. I got a pretty sweet deal - the gym, classes and the pool all for £18.50 a month! - all because I teach in Islington! Choice! And you can use any of the facilities in the Islington borough under the Aquaterra scheme! 

Luckily there's one right behind Archway station which is super close to my house. I popped along tonight, a little bit nervous as it's been a wee while since I've actually done proper exercise. I play netball once a week, but I needed more!

I strolled on over to what I thought was the cross-trainer, and low and behold, it wasn't. So after entering my all the important stuff and going for a few minutes, I realised that I was on the stepper. The freaking stepper. I immediately thought I CANNOT do 20 whole minutes on this thing! I lasted for 10 before my legs nearly gave out - in the mean time, I spotted the actual cross-trainers and did 30 minutes on that afterwards! 4 miles of exercise baby!

Whilst I was sweating up a storm, I also realised that wearing 'ear-muff' type headphones wasn't the best idea. I love my Skull Candy headphones, but I don't think they're going to love the pools of sweat that were congregating around my head and neck! Lesson learned. 

I make a point of not weighing myself as I find it quite easy to get all caught up in the firago that comes along with. I decided that I'd just hop on it for old times sake after realising I have no idea what I weigh and I'm a little bit stoked with the results. I've had the opposite of the 'London weight-gain', and since I left two and a half years ago, I've lost 15kgs, and I'm back down to that! I don't remember the last time I weighed this much! CHOICE!

Széchenyi thermal baths in Budapest
- I also love smoothies. They're rather easy to whip up but I seem to not make time to do it in the mornings! On the weekend I was craving one, popped down to Sainsburys and bought the essentials, and voila. We had a happy hungover Nikki on our hands!


- I also love Autumn. I love all seasons but for different reasons. Autumn = amazing colours, crunchy leaves, sunny cool days, refreshing air, and the exciting times when I get to wrap in warm in all sorts of woolen and winter paraphernalia!

My £5 cat dress off eBay! 
- Lastly, I love this song. It gets played at least three times a day, much to everyone's disgust. But I'm obsessed with it at the moment. I like her studio version better than the video clip as it's more raw, but the video is pretty rad too!

Gabrielle Aplin - Home


Linking up with Cat this week for things I'm loving and Simoney for the grateful project!

No comments:

Post a Comment